Boyinks4Adventure - The RV
This template handles the index and single-entry views for The RV in on the Boyinks4Adventure.com site. The single entry-views feature the ability to have multiple photos and/or multiple videos, presented in a tabbed area with grammatically-correct labels.
This template has a fair amount of things going on:
- It uses Segment Variables and Conditionals to handle presenting both the index view and single-entry views.
- To build the index view the template uses a couple of third-party plugins - Image Sizer from David Lumis and the Word Limit Plus. These plugins created abbreviated/smaller versions of the content for use on the index template.
- The single-entry views may possible contain one or more photos, and/or one or more videos. From an HTML perspective these are put into a tabbed area below the main content. The template has logic in it to both create grammatically correct tabs (“Photo” vs. “Photos” based on the number of photos in the entry, for example), and set the active tab based on what content is present.
- On the backend the photos and videos are stored in the entry using Matrix from Brandon Kelly. Photos are uploaded using the nGen FIle Upload fieldtype for Matrix.
- Videos are presented using the FLV Media Player from John Henry Donovan. The template logic chooses between a single-video player or a multi-video player based on the number of videos placed in the entry
- The playlist for the multi-entry player is created by an XML template that’s also included in the zip file.
This template has a lot going on behind the scenes - but I’m quite pleased with what it does. I get nice clean URL’s and the ability to have text, photos, and videos all in one entry with rendered page adapting itself well to what’s been stored in the content.